Desperately need glowplugs and headgasket for SD33

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

John D. Dehart

Desperately need glowplugs and headgasket for SD33

Post by John D. Dehart »

DESPERATELY NEED TO FIND
12 VOLT GLOW PLUGS A.S.A.P.
FOR 6Cyl SD33 ENGINE
IF NEEDED WILL ADAPT & USE 24 VOLT
I HAVE EXTRA TURBO THAT IS BRAND NEW
for SD33 DIESEL ENGINES
ALSO I NEED TO FIND NEW HEAD GASKET
12 VOLT GLOW PLUGS FOR SD22 4CYL. DIESEL ENGINE PLEASE CONTACT
mttrapper96@yahoo.com
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

While somebody here might have a line on those parts, you will also want to post over at the IH club binderbulletin.com, where there are some very savvy SD33 folks.

The SD22 GPs are a piece of cake, you can buy them "anywhere" in the NGK brand. Trick is knowing which GP. There are at least three different OEM GP systems used on SD22s that I know about. What is the SD22 installed in, and do the GPs need to work with a GP controller, or are you controlling them manually (via pushbutton)? Makes a big difference.

See this table for more information and part Nos.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

John D. Dehart wrote:Hello Fellow Diesel Owners!!!
I NEED To Buy A Set Of Glow Plugs For My SD33 Datsun Diesel Engine.
Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Find Them?

I Live In The Very Most North/West Corner Of Montana, By Idaho & Canada. So I Realize They Will Have To Be Sent To Me.
I Would Be Most Grateful To Find A Source For Parts For ALL Of The Little Diesels I Own.
I Own Mostly SD33 & SD22 Diesel Powered Little Pick-Up Trucks.But Have Ford & Isuzu Engines Laying Around In Various Trucks & Cars.
My Primary Vehicle Is A Full Size K-5 Chevrolet Blazer With A Banks Turbo Charged 6.2 Engine. I Have Extra Parts For 6.2 Engines As Well.
I Have Some Brand New SD33 Diesel {{" TURBOS"}} And Other Brand New Miscellaneous Parts For SD33 Diesel's As Well.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Trapper
John:
Please do not post multiple threads for the same request.

Upthread, I gave you a link to binderbulletin's diesel forum, but maybe you didn't follow it and do your own research? I just spent 15 minutes and found the exact info you need:

http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/sh ... stcount=20
and
http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/sh ... stcount=69

There are a LOT of different glow plugs that will screw in to an SD head. The differences are for the different control systems. Specifying "SD33" is not enough. Is it an ex-USAF tug? A Scout variant? A marine application? Nissan Patrol? Every one of those uses a different GP control system and requires a different GP part No. Nobody can help you if you don't furnish enough information -- personally, I find this frustrating.

In that BB link above, there are at least seven different NGK part Nos. Every one of them will physically screw into your SD33. Whether they will last more than a week depends on your GP controller. AFAIK, all those NGK part Nos. are still good, and can be purchased "anywhere" that can order NGK.

If you want more help, give more information.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
John D. Dehart

THANK YOU VERY,VERY MUCH

Post by John D. Dehart »

THANK YOU VERY,VERY MUCH!! I Apologize For My Ignorance About Proper Procedure. I Am NOT Computer Savy. I Am Doing My Best Just To Start This Computer Up And Make It Go.
I Wish I Could Use Tools On It. To Get What I Am Searching For.
My Latest Dilemma Is The Shaft From The Water Pump That Has The Fan On It Broke! Then The Fan Went Through The Brand New Radiator.
Is That A Sign That There Is Some Thing Bad Wrong With My SD33 Diesel Engine? It Is In My International Scout Snow Plow. Am I Wasting My Time Installing A New Water Pump?

I Followed The Suggestion About The Binder Bulletin. Are All NGK Glow Plugs 24V? What Is Needed To Build My Own Manual Controller? Is It Just A Button Switch Between The Battery And Glow Plug? Do I Need To Set Up A 24V System Just For The Glow Plugs?
I Apologize Again For NOT Knowing How To Reply And Ask Questions Directed To One Individual.
DESPERATELY NEED TO FIND
12 VOLT GLOW PLUGS A.S.A.P.
FOR 6Cyl SD33 ENGINE
IF NEEDED WILL ADAPT & USE 24 VOLT
I HAVE EXTRA TURBO THAT IS BRAND NEW
for SD33 DIESEL ENGINES
ALSO I NEED TO FIND NEW HEAD GASKET
12 VOLT GLOW PLUGS FOR SD22 4CYL. DIESEL ENGINE PLEASE CONTACT
mttrapper96@yahoo.com
THANK YOU VERY MUCH