Radiator hoses

General information about the first-generation Nissan Maxima in the US. What was the Datsun 810 became the luxury leader Maxima in the US in 1981.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

Duaneclark

Radiator hoses

Post by Duaneclark »

Just went through the radiator hose situation. For diesel. Had bought several new Gates from Rock Auto. Bottom hose different shape, both inner diameter's about 1/8 " too small. Found some Dayco's, larger inner diameter, bottom hose still wrong shape. Was able to cut to fit. Looks like the aftermarket shows gas and diesel hoses the same, the Lazorlite catalog lists both the same. But looking at a gas engine, there's an alternator below the water pump outlet and the hose has to go out to the right farther than the diesel hose has to, the diesel and gas bottom hose's are certainly different. Somewhere I have the factory parts book but not here now to look at. My original diesel bottom hose has marked 27 TS, but that number doesn't come up anywhere. At least stay away from the Gates. It was helpful that the original part numbers are listed here, but when the aftermarket shows those numbers as a direct interchange, they're not correct.
Duane
asavage
Site Admin

Re: Radiator hose's

Post by asavage »

I just spent 20 minutes relearning how to use Nissan FAST, which is still installed on my P2V VM of WinXP (!) and still runs without issue, and I finally teased out the Nissan part No. for the lower radiator hose (21503-W2403) only to find that -- 16 years later -- it's now much easier to look up Nissan parts online, eg NissanPartsDeal.com, where it is listed as NLA :( What a surprise :shock:
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
Duaneclark

Re: Radiator hoses

Post by Duaneclark »

Nissan partDeal.com only seems to go back to 1985
Duane
asavage
Site Admin

Re: Radiator hoses

Post by asavage »

The lookup function? OK. I didn't use it to look up stuff, only to run the part No. I'd teased outta Nissan Fast. Good to know.

Nissan Fast is . . . not fun to use. But the info is there.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.