FOUND! "Original Creampuff" '82

This is where we can post about our rigs, specs, ongoing plans, etc., links to pics.

Moderators: goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

asavage wrote:If you haven't, do read up on Intake Grunge. Restricted intake air can exacerbate the smoke problem.
After "intake grunge" removeable, do you ...

(1)still operate the Exhaust Gas Recirculation sytem?
(2)still operate a crankcase oil vapor system?
-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
rigger

Post by rigger »

asavage wrote: Both of my LD28s smoke pretty bad under hard acceleration. I'm driving my '82 Wagon daily now, it has gone 3300 miles and the oil level is still not down to the 'H' mark on the dipstick; it's a tight motor at 160k. But the black smoke is bad.

If you haven't, do read up on Intake Grunge. Restricted intake air can exacerbate the smoke problem.
Thanks for that link, I hadn't stumbled across that one yet. When I had accelerated, it was foot to the floor. :( Took 0-60 almost all afternoon because of the hill I was accelerating up. My Geo and Jetta both struggle up the same hill too - I know what someone will say....."Florida doesn't have hills". Trust me, here we do actually have some decent ones.

I may tackle that chore of pulling the intake off. Give me an excuse to do more detailing under the hood as I strive for perfection of cleanliness. :)
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

philip wrote:After "intake grunge" removeable, do you ...

(1)still operate the Exhaust Gas Recirculation system?
(2)still operate a crankcase oil vapor system?
Yes, and yes. It required 150k miles to acquire the buildup I had. Good enough for me.
kassim503

Post by kassim503 »

Even worse news - Wife hates the car.
Don't listen to her, if I did I would be down 3 cars, a mud bog and my will to live :D
'83 maxima sedan, l24e, a/t, black

227K SOLD 6/7/2012
goglio704

Post by goglio704 »

rigger wrote:BRAKE LIGHTS FIXED!! Thanks! Sure enough, the pedal stops were completely MIA.

Not sure about the cruise yet as I haven't taken it on a test drive, I can hear it come on when the car is off and I hit the on button so sure enough I bet the lights are burnt out. Checked the hoses and they "look" good but as with any vacuum hose there are always those cracks that are over looked.

Hit a few more panels with the clay bar.

asavage = I'll have to try the link later as I don't have a broadband connection sinec I live so far out in the country its not available. :(

Thanks again.
dlh wrote:Before you buy any switches, have a look under at the brake pedal. You will most likely find a couple of holes where 2 plastic plugs were located. The plugs would make contact with the switches for the brake lights and CC.

Some have used a nut and bolt to replace the plastic plugs.
I think these plastic bumpers may warrant a place in common problems. I have at least one instance of it in my cars, and I suspect more. I'll try to get some pics when I go to fix it.
Matt B.

83 Maxima Sedan, LD28, 5 speed, white, 130k miles. My original Maxima.
83 Maxima Sedan converted from gasser, LD28, 5 speed, 2 tone blue, 230k miles
82 Maxima Sedan, LD28, 3 speed auto, 2 tone Gray/Silver, 140k miles
81 810 Sedan, LD28, 3 speed auto, rust, rust, and more rust!

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

You take the pics and post them, I'll add it to the FAQ, Common Problems section.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
rigger

Wife wants me to sell it

Post by rigger »

[It's for sale now]

Check the peddle section for more info. :(