New radiator pics

This is where we can post about our rigs, specs, ongoing plans, etc., links to pics.

Moderators: goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

TheDieseliminator

New radiator pics

Post by TheDieseliminator »

I told you guys I was going to take pictures of the new radiator I bought from a radiator company in my phone book. Was shipped all the way from California and it's a factory radiator as you'll see in the pics. I don't know the name of the company or have their phone number off the top of my head, but I'll have to get that info and repost it here. Al, I uploaded these 4 pictures to your server, as I thought you'd accept them for everybody to see. Here they are:

(click on any image for larger)
Image Image Image Image

I finally bought a digital camera which allowed me to take these fine, large size pictures for you guys to see. Bought the camera off Ebay and I think I ended up getting a pretty nice unit for the price. It's a Polaroid PDC4055 4.2 megapixel camera and does record video (although I'm really not even interested in doing that). Here is the link to the Ebay Auction page. Enjoy. :wink:

Salvy
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

I'm still at work -- and I don't know when I'll get home tonight. When I do, I'll fix those links above.

Al S.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
TheDieseliminator

Al, thanks and I did successfully load them up to your server without any problems. They will be there for sure, it's just I don't know how you go about getting the pics to show up guaranteed from the link. The good thing is the pics are 1600x1400 pixel size, which will show great detail with the size.
83_maxima

Post by 83_maxima »

Salvy,

You might want to look into photobucket.com. You can set up an account in a minute or so and host all your pics from there. Just post the image link into the message. That's what I do. Works great for me.
kassim503

Post by kassim503 »

imageshack.us
'83 maxima sedan, l24e, a/t, black

227K SOLD 6/7/2012
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

TheDieseliminator wrote:The good thing is the pics are 1600x1400 pixel size, which will show great detail with the size.
You did good, but I took some liberties . . . because you probably do NOT want to post a picture that is wider than about 600 pixels wide. The pics above are resized to 400w, with links to the fullsize pictures.

Why not post huge pictures to a forum (anybody's forum)? Because it will make everybody's browser make the viewport so wide that there will be a horizontal scroll bar, and it makes reading the text very difficult. Take a look at this thread for more details.

While it's more work, you'll have better results if you make two pictures of every one: one "display size" and one "full size", and make the display image a link to the fullsized one(s).
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
TheDieseliminator

I guess I didn't do too bad being a newbie digi-cam user and these radiator pics I took were some of the best first pictures I took with the camera. I agree with you about posting up images that are too wide to fit the browser. I did read the other thread about horizontal scrolling and guess what I'm one of those people that has to do it (because I have Internet Explorer). :( Al, thanks for the help once again and you did a great job with the smaller pics as links to the bigger pics. Obviously I wanted to have the pictures fairly large so you guys could see the detail where you wanted to see it. In all true reality I didn't want to post up these 1400 pixel wide images because I knew it would mess up the viewing of the thread. That's why I have you guys here to help me with it all, haha. Well, at least it's all squared away now and I have to say the pics do look good.

Salvy
TheDieseliminator

This new radiator I bought came from Auto Radiator Outlet which was a business my dad called out of one of our phone books. I believe it was a southern Maryland or Washington D.C. phone book. The phone number for the company is 1-800-252-0333. The radiator is the exact correct unit and I've driven my car today about a total of 150 miles after finishing all the work on it yesterday. The radiator has since been installed and I can confirm it bolted right in with all the coolant hoses connecting to the exact outlets. Hope this can help and in the future if one is looking for a radiator do try to call this company. I'm sure they will have more, at least I hope they do. Thanks.