SOLD: New SD22 engine

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

soot fart

SOLD: New SD22 engine

Post by soot fart »

Sd 22 complete with starter alt wo vac pump. New old stock still in crate.

Cat yellow and stored in dry garage. Could be Marine but no freshwater manifold.

I'm a Isuzu diesel enthusiast and ran accross this thinking it was an Isuzu.

Sorry no pix. Any help as to value or offers would be appreciated and thanks for letting me into your forum. Screen name is soot fart but it appears I screwed up and It came up sooy fart. I'm 63 y/old and not much of a techie. Thanks Jerry.

[edit by asavage: fixed username 18Jan2012]
soot fart

What was I thinking!

Post by soot fart »

I thought a brand new in the crate sd-22 complete with everything except fan belt might be of some value.

If this was an Isuzu 2.2 and I posted it there I would have been inundated with welcomes and members thanking me for posting it on site before going to e-bay. Never have I seen a brand new Isuzu diesel offered. It would raise quite alot of interest and offers immediately if not sooner.

Thank you dn29626 for the only 2 responces. I did not get this motor free and hauling it around ain't no picnic. soot fart
Dslsmoke

Re: New sd 22

Post by Dslsmoke »

soot fart wrote:. . . I still have the engine and will not scrap . . .
Well I'm also confused, if still interested, quote me a deal including shipping to Miami Fl. 33013.

That will be the perfect replacement engine for my 15kW Genny. :roll:
Dslsmoke

Post by Dslsmoke »

Ok lets see if this works.....

[edit by asavage: files copied to forum storage 28Jan2012]

(click on any image for larger)
Image Image Image Image

[original files locations on keepandshare.com :]
pic 1, pic 2, pic 3, pic 4

I hope this will help, just send me a PM with a quote and if doable, we'll move forward.

Dslsmoke
goglio704

Post by goglio704 »

After being briefly locked and heavily edited, this topic is open again. I hope to be able to leave it open...

For those just tuning in, Soot Fart has an engine for sale. DslSmoke is interested and has also graciously helped Soot Fart by posting pictures.
Matt B.

83 Maxima Sedan, LD28, 5 speed, white, 130k miles. My original Maxima.
83 Maxima Sedan converted from gasser, LD28, 5 speed, 2 tone blue, 230k miles
82 Maxima Sedan, LD28, 3 speed auto, 2 tone Gray/Silver, 140k miles
81 810 Sedan, LD28, 3 speed auto, rust, rust, and more rust!

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
soot fart

sd-22

Post by soot fart »

Thank you Matt for intervening. I apologize for my temper and language and I will leave it at that. Cooler heads always prevail.

Thank you dslsmoke for posting those kinda crappy photos. They were taken on daughters cell phone. I hate being dependent on her for tech help but have no choice.

This motor has never been run. Oil in it is still clear. Take off oil cap,air cleaner or oil dipstick and all you see is gleaming new metal surfaces.

This was supposed to be an Isuzu 2.2 dsl with 20,000 miles from a widow . Her husband had a project that never materialized. Turned out to be a nissan sd22.

I have been a Isuzu owner since 84. Working for BnRailroad for 42 years I pulled them off the "LUV" boats in Tacoma Wa where acres and acres were stored and shipped.

Though I will readily admit to being bereft of any knowledge about Nissan\Datsun I understand more now about them than I knew prior to owning this motor. I like the gear drivin timeing and cyl rebuild liners and wish Isuzu had those features.

I have several Isuzus and all diesel. Any interest in these email or arrange in person locally. Thanks again, Jerry
Tom Young

Nice find! It looks like the industrial version.

Post by Tom Young »

Similar to what I have in my boat. However, the label says 48 HP @ 3200 rpms. The version I have in the boat I think is 40 HP @ 2600 rpms, which is the mechanical governor on the inline Bosch pump. This looks like the same but must have a different governor setting?

I notice it has the element oil filter as does mine. The original I had (1974) had reinforced rubber hoses to the oil filter. I replaced that later (and the engine itself-in another thread) with the SD22 cast plumbing lines. They fit the old element oil filter(the SD22 in the Datsuns uses the new disposable element which will not fit with the mechanical governor, I found)

I wonder what application it was set up for? The marine app went under the Chrylser/Nissan name(way back). This may have been set up for a generator or perhaps water pump?

Thanks for posting it here.
soot fart

Re: Nice find! It looks like the industrial version.

Post by soot fart »

Tom Young wrote:Similar to what I have in my boat. However, the label says 48 HP @ 3200 rpms. The version I have in the boat I think is 40 HP @ 2600 rpms, which is the mechanical governor on the inline Bosch pump. This looks like the same but must have a different governor setting?

I notice it has the element oil filter as does mine. The original I had (1974) had reinforced rubber hoses to the oil filter. I replaced that later (and the engine itself-in another thread) with the SD22 cast plumbing lines. They fit the old element oil filter(the SD22 in the Datsuns uses the new disposable element which will not fit with the mechanical governor, I found)

I wonder what application it was set up for? The marine app went under the Chrylser/Nissan name(way back). This may have been set up for a generator or perhaps water pump?

Thanks for posting it here.
Thanks for the info and interest Tom. I have been talking to a few locals and giving some thought to putting it in a boat but freshwater manifolds super expensive and velvet drives are a crapshoot buying used.

Also I like getting from point "A" to "B" loading up on Salmon and getting back. Cruiseing at 7-8 knots ain't my cup of Tea. Thanks again for your comments. Jerry
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Sure looks marine to me. Mechanical governor!

Jerry, what are you looking to get for it? I don't have a current project, but it's sure a nice unit. I agree with DslSmoke, that would make a great genny prime mover.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
biodatsun

Post by biodatsun »

Hi Jerry, I was wondering if you still have the engine? If so can I bother you to get me an up close and personal picture of the injection pump and govenor. I'm looking for any information that might be on them. Any numbers and markings as well as possibly photos of all sides possible. If necessary send me a private message and I'll send you my numbers to contact me,

Thanks, Tylor
T McLeay

1-1982 Diesel 720
1- 1998 Subaru Forester
1- 2002 Dodge cummins 4x4
soot fart

Shameful bump

Post by soot fart »

Yes still have it and picked up borg/warner 1: 1 ratio velvet drive in excellent condition. Looking for the right boat possibly but no luck yet. Jerry
Sniff Snuff

Post by Sniff Snuff »

Hey Soot Fart!
I was wondering if this is still available, I'm a local guy (here in renton)
and would love to come take a look at it :)
I may be buying a 720 shell here soon, so it would be a perfect starter engine.

Here's my email if your still have the lil sucker! Thanks!
Alex

Alex.Sloan2@gmail.com
soot fart

sd22

Post by soot fart »

pm sent
biodatsun

Post by biodatsun »

Is the engine still available or is it gone?
T McLeay

1-1982 Diesel 720
1- 1998 Subaru Forester
1- 2002 Dodge cummins 4x4
soot fart

New sd22 still available.

Post by soot fart »

Still have it. Not one looker so far. Nice and dry. Puyallup wa.

Send me your contact #s. Jerry